Michael Phelps: Red, white and bruised? ......
Before Michael Phelps jumped in the water en route to his 19th Olympic gold medal, it was impossible to overlook the circular marks all over his back and shoulders
Welcome to the Hijama & Cupping Course
Once enrolled on the course the student will be offered the opportunity to either attend the course at the Asklepion Centre or download the free “CONNECT” video-conferencing software from the website. This allows students worldwide to watch the “live” broadcast from their home. We can offer CPD hours for live streaming students.
- Select the correct patient/subject for cupping therapy.
- Calculate the dates of cupping therapy as per date of birth and time of birth of an individuals.
- Calculate the follow up dates for different diseases.
- Perform dry, fire and wet cupping therapy.
The Hijamah (Cupping Therapy) course will offer
- Introduction and types of Cupping Therapy as per Unani System of Medicine.
- History of Cupping therapy.
- Mode of action as per Unani System of Medicine.
- Mode of action of Cupping Therapy as modern Science.
- Indications, Contraindications and Precautions to be taken during cupping therapy.
- Cupping therapy and astrology, customized cupping date and days. How to calculate follow up dates for acute and chronic diseases.
- Different cupping points on bodies in different diseases.
Hijama & Cupping CourseDate to be announced
- Mid morning/afternoon refreshments
- “Live” Streaming Worldwide
- Presented in English & Greek
- 16 hours CPD
- Certificate of Attendence
Principal Lecturer – Dr Ghazala Mulla
Dr. Ghazala Mulla is HOD of Physiology department at Z. V. M. Unani Medical College and Hospital, Camp, Pune, Maharashtra, India where she is teaching physiology subject to undergraduates for last twenty years and medical genetics to the post graduate students of Unani System of Medicine. She has been guest faculty to other colleges of different faculties like pharmacy, dental, nursing and senior college of science faculty. She has completed her graduation in Unani System of Medicine in the year 1993 from Savitri Bai Phule University formerly known as University of Pune. Her quest for higher education and accepting new challenges took her to Department of Ayurveda at University of Pune where she completed her post graduation in the subject Kaya Chikitsa of Ayurveda. She has also completed a course in medical genetics from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, Maharashtra. So, she stands out as a true model representing an integrated multidisciplinary, multifaceted medical mindset.
Dr. Ghazala Mulla is the first Indian author to write a book on Hijamah (Cupping Therapy).Title of her book is “Highlights of Hijamah (Cupping Therapy)- A legacy of healing”. This book is approved by Central Council of Indian Medicine (Unani),Govt. of India, New Delhi and is included as a reference book for Unani faculty. Till date two thousand copies of her book has been sold. Her project on “A Meta-analytical study of the past and present of Hijamah (cupping therapy) – an important modality in Unani System of Medicine” is approved and sanctioned by Indian National Science Academy (INSA),Govt. of India, New Delhi.
She has four major research project to her credit among them is an EMR project on Temperament approved and sanctioned by Ministry. of AYUSH, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
Dr. Ghazala Mulla has presented many scientific papers at various International Conferences in different countries like Turkey, Sri Lanka, Dubai, Birmingham (U.K) and Abu-Dhabi to name a few.
She has also presented many original scientific research papers at National Conferences in cities like New Delhi, Hyderabad, Kerala, Goa and Pune etc. Some of her papers have been published in reputed scientific journals. She has delivered several lectures on Hijamah therapy and massage therapy as resource person in every major city of India.
She has given training of cupping therapy to many Unani and Ayurveda Physicians and faculty members of many Unani colleges. She is a secretary of Ex-Students Association of Z.V.M.Unani Medical College, Pune. Dr. Ghazala Mulla has been awarded best teacher award.
For more information about Dr Ghazala Mulla please visit her website